2016 vs. 2017

Hello again all! I feel like I say this a lot, but I'm back, and it's been a little while. This time, I was off planning a wedding, getting married, having a honeymoon, getting fully accredited at work, and dealing with the Christmas craziness of school. Oh, and the new Hubby and I are moving to London in less than a month. So that's insane.

But this is a sewing blog, so let's get to that, yeah? I just wanted to talk a little about my sewing last year (2016) and how I'm moving into 2017, with crafty resolutions and goals.

2016 for me personally was a pretty great year (YOU GUYS, I GOT MARRIED!), and that is true also about my sewing. I feel like I sewed quite a few things that were out of my comfort zone, made some items I absolutely love to wear, and I began to find myself truly a part of a sewing community (thanks Sydney Spoolettes!). In terms of actual items I've made, I haven't kept a true count, but it's definitely not reflected in my blogging. I had aimed to blog once a month last year, and I didn't achieve that at all. I blogged 8 times in 2016 (and not at all until June, oh dear): 6 dresses, 1 top and 1 skirt. 

My favourite blogged item of 2016 is probably my McCalls 6696 dress, it was such a saga to get it finished, but it represents quite a few new skills and was a perfect fit to boot!



My most worn blogged item is probably my Starry Datura top - it gets worn at least twice a week. I love the fit and it goes with everything... and it doesn't even need ironing!



And my most viewed outfit post was my Ginghamalong entry, which also got a few lovely comments. Thanks so much guys!



So, 2017. Bring it on. It's going to be a big year, with the move to London at the end of January, and it will be quite... uh, interesting, potentially, for a while. But we shall see. In preparation, I have pared down my wardrobe quite a lot, and unfortunately there were some me-mades that didn't make the cut. But my favourites are coming with me, and I'm sending some, along with my favourites from my fabric stash, on a boat to arrive a month or two after we do. But I have to buy a new sewing machine, because that's not coming with me. So I may not be sewing for a little while - hopefully not too long. I already have some money for the new machine stashed away!

I do have goals for my sewing and social media, which I am going to aim to achieve regardless of my sewing setup. I hope to:

  1. Post on Instagram 5 days a week.
  2. Sew 2 garments each month.
  3. Blog 2 times each month.
I feel like these are achievable goals, but I will also be branching out slightly to help me achieve these. As well as sewing, I also knit and cross stitch, and I would like to feature these more (see: at all) in my blog. Especially as I may be without a sewing machine for some time, I will instead be knitting and cross stitching to keep my hands busy. So, keep an eye out for me here, and on Instagram @notionsoffabric to keep up to date with my shenanigans!

Happy New Year all, and if you have crafty goals like me, I'd love to hear them!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Gingham Lilou - My Gingham-Along Entry!

The real deal; Sirocco Jumpsuit

The most comfy; Plaintain PJs